Wednesday, 14 September 2016

The Web

It's scary to think we are moving into Web 4.0 and how fast technology is evolving. In today's education many students and teachers use the web for learning and teaching. I am sure you have used tools and websites like Google Docs, Prezi, PowerPoint, Youtube, etc. I use technology and internet myself in teaching and learning. Although I agree on how there are advantages and disadvantages with technology and internet in education. I feel that new things come out every single day and it's difficult to be caught up to everything. Sometimes I think maybe a of couple years later students don't need to be taught by teachers and have technology teach them instead.

Here is an interesting video about Web 4.0:

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post because it carries some of the same concerns that I too have for the future. I do agree that is in fact scary to think of how fast we are moving in the technology world and how fast everything is involving. Teachers went from using hand outs and writing everything on the board to making power point presentations and having the assignments emailed in. The web can be seen as a good thing because it has enhanced how we as students learn and I feel that the future generation will also have an easier time in using the internet to their advantage. With the evolution of technology, it also worries me that with us understanding technology so easily now, that in the future it will become a much harder task to do with how quickly everything is progressing. Lastly, your last point about maybe not needing to be taught by teachers scares me. I often have these same thoughts and I wonder if schools will settle for technology to teach students or they will actually utilize physical teachers. However, this post relates to my topic of whether technology or the advancement of technology enhances or hinders the learning of students. Do you feel that technology enhances or hinders student's learning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post! That is a difficult question to answer as I think technology both enhances and hinders student's learning. In today's society, it's all about technology and social media, so I feel like we should at least try to make it an enhancement. We definitely don't want to make it a hindrance.

    ReplyDelete